[Pcsclite-muscle] CCID has undefined symbol 'yylex' when loaded by pcscd

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Mon May 7 00:56:28 PDT 2018

> Hello,

> I have been having an issue with pcscd that I think I can trace back
> to the ccid driver. I did a zgrep through the archives for 'yylex'
> with no hits, so I hope I'm not repeating something that's been solved
> here before.

yylex is the function provided by the lexer (to parse the configuration files).
You should use the program GNU flex for that.

/usr/lib/libfl.so.2 is the flex library.

> The relevant versions are:
> ccid 1.4.29-2.0 from Arch
> (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/ccid/)
> pcsclite 1.8.23-2.0 from Arch
> (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/pcsclite/)
>
> $ /usr/sbin/pcscd --version
> pcsc-lite version 1.8.23.
> Copyright (C) 1999-2002 by David Corcoran <corcoran at musclecard.com>.
> Copyright (C) 2001-2015 by Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at free.fr>.
> Copyright (C) 2003-2004 by Damien Sauveron <sauveron at labri.fr>.
> Report bugs to <pcsclite-muscle at lists.alioth.debian.org>.
> Enabled features: Linux i686-pc-linux-gnu libsystemd serial usb
> libudev usbdropdir=/usr/lib/pcsc/drivers ipcdir=/run/pcscd filter
> configdir=/etc/reader.conf.d
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux hostname 4.16.3-1.0-ACH #1 SP PREEMPT Fri Apr 20 11:08:08 CEST
> 2018 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I'm running archlinux32 (https://archlinux32.org/) on a Dell Mini 9
> laptop and am attempting to connect with a Yubikey 4.
>
> The log from a verbose invocation of pcscd (sudo
> LIBCCID_ifdLogLevel=0x00F pcscd --foreground --debug --apdu --color |
> tee log.txt) is attached (ANSI color escapes are in this file--read
> with `less -R`).
>
> Please let me know if there's any other information required to help
> solve this problem!

I never used Arch.

Where can I get the logs of the ccid Arch package build?
I can't find them from https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/ccid/

pcscd also uses a lexer program to parse its configuration files. So I
am surprised to see that the error occurs only when the libccid driver
is loaded but not when pcscd is started.
Something may be wrong at the libccid package creation for Arch.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau