[Pcsclite-muscle] Difference from Windows' implementation with regard to PC/SC shared mode

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Wed Oct 26 03:12:58 PDT 2016

> Hello,

Hello Maksim,

> It seems that there's a difference between the PC/SC-Lite behavior and
> the behavior of the Windows' implementation in the following scenario:
>
> 1. One thread obtains an hCard with SCARD_SHARE_SHARED.
>
> 2. This thread calls then SCardBeginTransaction with this hCard.
>
> 3. Another thread in the same application tries to obtain a new hCard
> to the same card with SCARD_SHARE_SHARED.
>
> Under Windows step #3 finishes successfully.
> PC/SC-Lite, however, seems to block all new connections to the card
> (even in the shared mode) until the previously started transaction
> finishes.
>
> Not sure whether this can be considered as a bug. It seems that there
> are no guarantees about this use case in the PC/SC specification.

I could change pcsc-lite code to be more like Windows but:
- nobody complained about this
- it could has bad side effects if not done right
- it would take time to code and test

> But even if this is not considered as a bug by the maintainers, it
> would be good to cover this detail in the corresponding "Known
> differences" list:
> http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__API.html#differences

Good suggestion.
Fixed in