Local site visit requested

Ellie Young ellie at usenix.org
Tue Sep 26 20:58:33 EDT 2006

The USENIX meeting planner, Barbara Freel, has been talking and
emailing with:

The DeVere University Arms contact is Debbie Crinson.  Direct
telephone is 01223 273008.

E-mail is: Debbie.Crinson at devere-hotels.com

Please get in touch with her to schedule a meeting.

Attached are the meeting specs we've been using as well if you want
them.

They can give us the meeting space we need with our booking a minimal
amount of sleeping rooms, which is good since the hotel rate there is
135 lbs.  The Ballroom is 2944 sq ft, smaller than what we have at
Ottawa.
We have a proposal from them so you don't need to go into those type
of details with them.

Can you also explore with her the connectivity-- making sure it will
work in the meeting room.

What else is around the DeVere?  Are there cheaper hotels near by?
What about restaurants and transportation?

Re the Korn hall:   There are two halls and something next door.   We
don't need a big big room, the smaller hall seats 475 theatre style.
What do we do need info about is where to book sleeping rooms close
by and catering there?  We also need a space for lunch and dinner.
And we usually need rooms in evening for BOFs.

We are talking about regular round banquet table seating with 4-5
people around-- see the specs.  Some of the properties over there
call this cabaret style seating, but it isn't.

We sent the specs to the campus central service and none have come
back with something that looks like it would meet our needs.
Especially the format, and catering.  We have researched this in
depth.   We don't have a lot of time to research this further, so we
hope the Korn or DeVere will work.

The main deadline item for us is the meeting space at this point,
because we have pressure from Ottawa to release the space we are
holding (I'm stalling them until Monday... so we need to hear from
y'all this weekend.)

Thank you!

Ellie