Local site visit requested

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Sep 26 02:48:49 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 00:52 -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> To those of you who are local to Cambridge:
>
> 	What we need at this point is for someone to please visit the
> local sites --- which at this point looks like it is the DeVere and the
> Corn Exchange --- and take a quick look at the actual room(s) and talk
> to the local folks to confirm the numbers we have and to make sure there
> are no surprises before we sign contracts.  If there are other
> possibilities (such as Wesley Church, large examination halls, etc.)
> that folks want us to consider, it becomes even more critical that we
> get someone to go on site, eyeball the room, and gather all of the
> critical pieces of data: cost, what is and isn't included, what the
> catering costs/restrictions might be, etc.
>
> 	Is there anyone who can volunteer to go and do this at least for
> DeVere and the Corn Exchange, before the end of this week, and give us a
> report?

I'm sure that those of us who are local(ish) to Cambridge should be able
to manage that by the end of the week -- could you give us more
specifics about what you're looking for, if you think we'll miss
anything 'behind the scenes' that we wouldn't otherwise have thought of?

Ralf, David, Matthew, Ian, others -- when would you be available? I
could make myself free to wander round Cambridge any time except
tomorrow morning, I believe. I'm not sure we need to go en masse, but
perhaps having more than one of us might be useful.

--
dwmw2