Decisions...

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 04:34:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 01:33 -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 05:19:40PM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> >
> > Things for me to confirm with the colleges: that the 250 seat room can
> > be changed to have fewer people, but seated at tables. Its not clear
> > from the info that I have at the moment if thats possible. Anything else
> > that people want to ask?
> >

> A very big question ---- what's the largest room available in the
> various colleges.  Ideally we would need a ballroom with 3600-4000
> square feet.  If you figure that we need 20 to 25 tables, assume 8
> feet wide plus two feet in both directions for space for chairs, then
> that means each table takes up roughly 144 square feet.  Then we need
> room for the screen, projector, audio equipment, etc.  I need to find
> out how exactly big the room that we had in Ottawa, but I'm guessing
> it was closer to 7000 or 8000 square feet.
>
> Regards,
>

> 						- Ted

Sorry for the delay. I got an "out of office" reply from the guy at St.
John's that I'd been dealing with, so I contacted them by 'phone and it
seems that they can't do 100 people seated at tables. A bit of a
misunderstanding between them and Conference Cambridge it seems, so I
guess that rules them out of the running meeting room-wise although we
might still want to use them for accommodation,

Steve.