Decisions...

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Thu Sep 14 01:33:57 EDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 05:19:40PM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:

> Things for me to confirm with the colleges: that the 250 seat room can
> be changed to have fewer people, but seated at tables. Its not clear
> from the info that I have at the moment if thats possible. Anything else
> that people want to ask?

A very big question ---- what's the largest room available in the
various colleges.  Ideally we would need a ballroom with 3600-4000
square feet.  If you figure that we need 20 to 25 tables, assume 8
feet wide plus two feet in both directions for space for chairs, then
that means each table takes up roughly 144 square feet.  Then we need
room for the screen, projector, audio equipment, etc.  I need to find
out how exactly big the room that we had in Ottawa, but I'm guessing
it was closer to 7000 or 8000 square feet.

Regards,

						- Ted