Linux Kernel Summit 2007 - Accomodations

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Oct 26 17:44:40 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 14:34 -0700, Ellie Young wrote:
> Robinson College
> 20 minutes walk from University Arms Hotel
> The youngest of Cambridge University's 31 colleges, designed and
> built to serve as a premier conference centre in support of its
> academic vocation, the College facilities are excellent, epitomised
> by the well appointed study bedrooms.  The focus is on close
> attention to detail, outstanding food and contributing to the
> achievement of Clients' objectives. A modern venue with traditional
> values, offering great events.

I found myself back in Robinson last Friday night, to celebrate the
Professorship of my old Director of Studies -- the person who always
used to tell me off for wasting my time on what I now get paid for
doing. I realised that they could actually host the format we want for
the Kernel Summit quite well -- the main hall is perfectly sufficient
for the 100-odd people cabaret style that we want, and there's a
separate cafeteria which would house that number of people too, without
us having to eat in the same room where we work.

I suppose it's a bit late to be saying that now... but maybe worth
bearing in mind for next year :)

'binson is a bit far out to recommend it as accommodation while the
conference is at the University Arms though -- I'd be most inclined to
go for Downing.

--
dwmw2