Some thoughts about costs...

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Jul 31 07:03:08 EDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 06:59:04PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:

> Actually, Les Suites was CAD175 per day for accommodation only ...
> that's about USD150 ...  The novotel was a more reasonable CAD110 which
> is roughly USD100.

One thing I should have mentioned is that the cost includes a/v
equipment for one of the rooms. We might be able to negotiate more than
that.

> The only thing we're really missing to compare apples to apples is the
> cost of catered in lunch.

£19 per person for a two course buffet lunch. General policy seems to be
that you either accept the provided catering or have no catering at all.
While there's no other on-site catering, the location means that there
are large numbers of restaurants and other sources of food within 5-10
minutes (including a vegan/organic restaurant), so there's obviously a
cost/convenience/time trade off.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org