here we are again: real name 'discussion'

Christian Marangi (Ansuel) ansuelsmth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 05:39:42 PDT 2024

Il giorno mer 27 mar 2024 alle ore 13:33 Paul D <newtwen at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> > a) It's a policy change and not a code change.
> > Policy changes require a vote
>
> Then take a(nother) vote.

Honestly due to the conflicts, lets just take a vote and be done with it.
Members seem to participate more so it should not be a problem.

My 2 cent on the problem of permitting nick is that if we accept that,
some funny guy might use nickname like "ExtraHardCockSucker"
and we wouldn't have anything to say about it and have to accept
it if the contribution is correct.

Using Real name prevents that (on 99% of the case)
Examples of the case are (quoting an italian name)
"Antonio Bocchino" where bocchino means in italian blowjob...
It's a funny surname but still less worse than "UltraBoobsLover" kind.

Other project even use an entire google form to make user sign DCO
and insert all kind of info.