OpenWrt One - celebrating 20 years of OpenWrt

Daniel Santos daniel.santos at pobox.com
Mon Jan 15 12:46:17 PST 2024

On 1/15/24 06:56, Paul D wrote:

>> A kickstarter is a good way to forecast demand.
>>
>> You've captured the imagination of the geek community.
>

> Not aware of peripheral issues or complexities in doing a kickstarter,
> though I agree with forecasting demand. "Geeks" are good at commenting
> on stuff, and intellectualizing a new board: let's see how many put
> their money where their mouth is.

And in the interest of running *my* own mouth, I'm stoked as hell --
LOVE that it will have mikroBUS! Thanks to John and everyone working on
this!

My only request is that any unused gpios that don't make it to mikroBUS
find their way to a (possibly unpopulated) header some where for the
sake of hackability. 1mm pitch is fine. I've had more than one occasion
where I wanted to add something and didn't have the bus or I/O lines and
then discovered that the MCU did, but they were all N/C. Hackability is
what makes the FOSS / open hardware world so awesome.\!

Daniel