OpenWrt One - celebrating 20 years of OpenWrt

David Lang david at lang.hm
Tue Jan 9 14:09:34 PST 2024

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024, Paul D wrote:

> 6GHz seems a starting point nowadays, although I get by with 5GHz.

only if all your clients support 6GHz as well, most don't

> * Packages with cases+PSU are a must for broader acceptance,

which explains why the Raspberry Pi bare board is such a failure, right?

having a case design available is a good idea, but not shipping it yourself
shouldn't be a showstopper.

> * Having a few H/W variants available provides demand metrics: which variant
> is more in demand and popular speaks to what people want.

at a significant production/inventory cost. A good idea in the long run, but is
it really a requirement to start with?

David Lang