Unbalanced prioritization in the images buildbot? (main branch deprioritized too much)

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Tue Nov 14 09:06:33 PST 2023

Thibaut <hacks at slashdirt.org> [2023-11-14 14:25:50]:

> I’m sorry, I must have missed the part where we advertised that master
> snapshots are a maintained 'release' suitable for use in a
> security-conscious context :)

There is no difference actually, it applies to all branches/releases, so it really
doesn't matter if you use main snapshot or 23.05.1 release.

Once the commit lands in the corresponding branch (main, openwrt-23.05 or
openwrt-22.03) then the packages are going to be built on buildbot and become
available for `opkg upgrade`, so you don't need to wait for a tagged release
to get certain fixes possible by a package upgrade.

In other words, https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/23.05.0/ that
`packages` folder is a symlink to packages-23.05, populated by 23.05 snapshot
builds.

Cheers,

Petr