Unbalanced prioritization in the images buildbot? (main branch deprioritized too much)

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Tue Nov 14 04:25:42 PST 2023

Thibaut <hacks at slashdirt.org> [2023-11-14 10:24:28]:

Hi,

> I don’t follow, what do security fixes have to do with snapshot builds?

OpenWrt builds and deliver package fixes continuosly from the snapshot builds.

> I don’t expect users (that includes myself) to keep constantly looking at
> the git history to find if/when a CVE has been addressed in the snapshot
> builds.

You're not expected to do this, we send out security advisories if its
important, where you can usually find recommended mitigations, like for
example:

 https://forum.openwrt.org/c/announcements/14
 https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-announce/2022-October/000033.html

most of the fixes can be handled with `opkg update; opkg upgrade`

Cheers,

Petr