Maintenance of openwrt.org and CDN for downloads

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Wed Dec 13 08:10:20 PST 2023

Dear all,

I plan to upgrade our wiki (openwrt.org <http://openwrt.org/>) next Sunday, 17th of December. I’m expecting just a short downtime since a successful upgrade already happened on a staging instance. In case you urgently need to lookup information, please use the staging instance during the maintenance[1].

On Tuesday, 19th of December I’m planing a DNS switch to use our sponsored CDN for our downloads, which affects both firmware and package downloads. I’m not expecting any downtime since the CDN already works for a staging domain[2]. If things break, please use on of the many mirrors[3] in the meantime.

Thanks again to fastly.com for their CDN sponsoring, which is already extensively used as a fallback for our external sources hosting[4].

Sunshine,
Paul

[1]: https://wiki.staging.openwrt.org/
[2]: https://downloads.cdn.openwrt.org/