Restructuring OpenWRT developer documentation

Javad Rahimipetroudi javad.rahimipetroudi at essensium.com
Mon Dec 11 05:59:20 PST 2023

Dear Rich,
Thanks a lot for your response,
To answer your question:

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 2:42 PM Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Javad,
>
> First off, I want to thank you for thinking so hard about the OpenWrt Developer Guide. I worked a lot on the user guide back in the LEDE days. Because I wasn't going to be writing code, I never spent much time on the developer guide, and it's terrific to see someone making this effort.
>
> A few questions about your proposal, both for you and for the other developers on this list:
>
> - Are you suggesting simply moving pages from one place in the hierarchy to another?
Yes, At the first steps, we just reconstruct the existing knowledge.
When everything has been placed in the right place, we can add/remove
internal contents of the pages.
> - Or would some/many pages need to be rewritten/split up/combined?
At the moment, not too many pages need to be modified. Just some pages
may be combined.
> - Do you expect to continue using the Dokuwiki system, or converting the content to some other content management system?
As I'm not a maintainer, It really depends on the community.
> - Having invested in this effort, how can we check the result for correctness? (I imagine there are many pages that contain simple, but outdated info.)
We will preserve everything, if it doesn't go well, we can use the old info.

> I hope your inquiry kicks off a robust discussion. Thanks again.
>
> Rich Brown

Best Regards,
Javad