[OpenWrt-Devel] QCA9994 outdoor 13km link

support at maxnet.al support at maxnet.al
Fri Sep 20 17:10:09 EDT 2019

Hi Ben,

When do you think you can port those changes to your firmware?

Thank you for your support.

Klevis.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:01 PM +0200, "Ben Greear" <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

On 9/20/19 12:55 PM, Vincent Wiemann wrote:
> Hi Klevis,
>
> have you tried it with a short distance?
> If you did you should better ask Ben Greear directly.

I asked him to post publicly so that others can help answer and that my own answers might
help someone else.

I have some patches that should enable coverage class settings for wave-2, but I am too busy
with other things right now to port them to my ath10k-ct driver/firmware.

Thanks,
Ben

> By the way ath10k gen 2 chipsets don't work very well with long distance links without a
> special feature which implementation is only available to companies like Ubiquiti and very few
> people who have an own reverse-engineered implementation.
> It works on IPQ401X, QCA9886 and QCA9888 based chips only.
>
> And it is not possible to set a coverage class for gen 2 devices, yet as far as I know due to missing
> documentation and implementation (correct me if that information is outdated).
> Furthermore a high channel width often results in problems
> due to lower receiver sensibility.
> We have better experiences with lower channel widths and sometimes get more throughput with that.
>
> Actually I think this does not explain your connection issues as 13 km is not that much.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vincent Wiemann
>
> On 20.09.19 18:30, support at maxnet.al wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am trying to setup a custom made outdoor link with Apu2d2 board devices and QCA9994 cards from compex. After i installed openwrt and ath10k ct driver, kmod ath10k and board-2.bin the device can run a 80MHz channel in WDS AP. The problem is that it won't run as station or station wds. It can scan
>> the SSIDs but won't connect them.
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Klevis