[OpenWrt-Devel] openwrt/packages: [RFC] Regarding preferences re: switch to codeload

Daniel F. Dickinson cshored at thecshore.com
Mon Aug 13 01:58:49 EDT 2018

Posting here as this seems to me to be a project decision:

From: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues/6748

> @neheb Has submitted a number of PR's (referenced in #6584), full list of his/her PR's (which probably include the codeload thing for any github pulls): https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pulls/neheb
>
> @diizzyy has also mentioned codeload. @karlp appears to feel the change is for marginal gain (based on #6584 (comment)).
>
> I personally think that tree-wide changes, especially for something @yousong has been trying solve another way ought t be clearly discussed and not just brought in through the back door, hence this ticket and I'll be following up on openwrt-devel as well.

** Clarification for neheb this is for GitHub projects without release
tarballs; of course as I understand the GitHub release tarball
situation, the hash changes for unknown reasons for time to time, which
makes them useless.

Regards,

Daniel