[OpenWrt-Devel] I've come round to your way of thinking

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Thu May 26 01:47:11 EDT 2016

Sorry sent from the wrong email address, not sure where it it actually
got posted and where not.

Hi Oswald,

I'm sorry I suggested you were an unrealistic idealogue, and for
questioning your credentials; while I haven't verified them I'm sure you
do have more experience than I gave you credit for, despite how overly
strong you come into this discussion.  With the creation of the tool I
created for myself that gets in-between me and posting email (requiring
me to confirm I really want to send it after cooling off period), I
think that the kinds of discussion of David Lang (and I agreed) were to
volatile to have publicly ought to be able to kept to reasonable level,
even with hotheads like myself, John, and Imre, who need tools not just
an admonition to think before (or even knowing one has an issue it not
entering our thoughts when we are posting).

In fact I'd argue with such a mechanism, for folks like me and them a
public email discussion is *preferable* to an IRC discussion (which I've
seen frequently turn toxic in their and other cases), especially a
private one.

Regards,

daniel