[OpenWrt-Devel] How to enable EARLY_PRINTK by default on ARM target?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 01:54:05 EST 2015

I wanted bcm53xx kernels to be compiled with EARLY_PRINTK by default.
This is safe, we enable "earlyprintk" using bootargs on tested devices
only.

So I have config option enabled in default configs:
> grep EARLY_PRINTK target/linux/bcm53xx/config-3.1*
target/linux/bcm53xx/config-3.14:CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y
target/linux/bcm53xx/config-3.18:CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y

However it gets overwritten by KERNEL_EARLY_PRINTK defined in
config/Config-kernel.in.

KERNEL_EARLY_PRINTK:
1) depends on arm - so non-ARM targets are not affected
2) default n - which disables it by default

--
Rafał