[OpenWrt-Devel] Wrong Network Configuration File Fails Everything

Yilun Zhou yilun.zhou at duke.edu
Tue Jan 13 10:06:17 EST 2015

Hi,

I am experimenting with OpenWRT Attitude Adjustment on NETGEAR WNDR3800. I accidentally wrote wrong network configuration file and committed it. Now I cannot interact with the router anymore. The wifi is still being created but there is no Internet. I tried to SSH into the router from device that is connected via Ethernet cable or wifi but neither works. Then I did a factory reset following https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=148789#p148789 . I can see the Power LED flashing green rapidly so I should be in FailSafe mode. However, I can't telnet into the router. On Windows taskbar (bottom right corner of desktop) I can see that the Ethernet connection is "working in progress" (a circle is rotating in front of the icon). Has anyone experienced this issue before and how can I solve it?

Thanks,

Yilun