[OpenWrt-Devel] Ubiquiti Nanostation LOCO M5

Bill bmoffitt at ayrstone.com
Wed Sep 24 18:42:49 EDT 2014

Ben-

Thank you!

I did try the NanoStation image, with the same results. Normally either
image will flash onto the LOCO, but the NanoStation image has the
"extra" Ethernet port enabled, which creates a bit of confusion.
Besides, I believe the LOCO is a 1x1 (like the Bullet), not a 2x2 (like
the NanoStation).

I got another email indicating there is a new "xw" rev of the LOCO M,
supported only in the trunk currently. I thought that only applied to
the "big" NanoStation M, but... well, now I'm thinking I'm wrong about that.

Now that I'm looking for it, I see on the AirOS page on one of them that
the version of firmware is "XWv5.5.9"

So, beware, this is coming to bite you, too!!! (And it's probably coming
to bite me on the LOCO M2s... just checking them, I see the ones I have
are "XM" models.)

Gotta love UBNT...

Thanks again!

-Bill