[OpenWrt-Devel] Ubiquiti Nanostation LOCO M5

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Wed Sep 24 12:44:50 EDT 2014

I've been flashing the Nanostation Loco M5's just fine with the Nanostation
M image for 3 years without issue, and I never tried the Bullet M image.
Although, the Loco M5's I've flashed are at least 1.5years old at present.
Can you try flashing
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-nano-m-squashfs-factory.bin instead?

Also, I'm flashing current versions of AA compiled from the code provided
via SVN, rather than the pre-compiled images.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Bill <bmoffitt at ayrstone.com> wrote:

> I just got 5 LOCO M5 units that won't run OpenWRT. They are datestamped
> 1422K; when I try to flash them, they give me:
>
> received ERROR <code=2, msg=Firmware check failed>
>
> I am using the Bullet M image (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-
> bullet-m-squashfs-factory.bin), flashing with tftp in binary mode.
>
> I have one other LOCO M5 with datestamp 1340K that works fine - flashes
> fine every time. But the new units won't take the firmware at all.
>
> I assume UBNT did something in the bootloader that is disabling OpenWRT.
>
> Any help will be welcome. I can open one up and attach a serial cable, but
> I'm not sure what I'd look for or what I'd do about it...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

Ben West
http://gowasabi.net