[OpenWrt-Devel] mediatek mt7601u?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Sep 24 04:46:48 EDT 2014

El 22/09/14 09:54, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> El 22/09/14 01:51, Claudio Leite ha escrit:
>
>> I'm not sure the MediaTek driver still uses the old format from the
>> Ralink driver. If so, this might be helpful:
>>
>> https://github.com/WRTnode/openwrt-packages/blob/master/ralink/ralink-wifi/files/lib/wifi/ralink.sh
>>
>> I think that was for a project targeting MT7260 SoC's before the
>> mac80211 driver was extended to support them.
>
> Thank you.
> No, this driver just uses wireless extensions, i.e., this is what it
> says in the README

I updated my package with a /lib/wifi/wext.sh adapted from an old
revision of mac80211.sh (back when it still used ifconfig).
It works with uci but luci still has some problems (since it has some
hardcoded defaults it only offers wpa authentication for mac80211,
atheros or prism2).

Oh, and it seems it doesn't work at all if I leave it enabled at boot
time, but if I disable it in /etc/config/wireless and bring it up after
a while it works.

Anyway, here it is:
https://code.google.com/p/mt7601-openwrt/

Bye