[OpenWrt-Devel] mediatek mt7601u?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Sep 22 03:54:47 EDT 2014

El 22/09/14 01:51, Claudio Leite ha escrit:

> I'm not sure the MediaTek driver still uses the old format from the
> Ralink driver. If so, this might be helpful:
>
> https://github.com/WRTnode/openwrt-packages/blob/master/ralink/ralink-wifi/files/lib/wifi/ralink.sh
>
> I think that was for a project targeting MT7260 SoC's before the
> mac80211 driver was extended to support them.

Thank you.
No, this driver just uses wireless extensions, i.e., this is what it
says in the README

        ** Build for being controlled by NetworkManager or
wpa_supplicant wext functions
           Please set 'HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y' and
'HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=y'.
           => #>cd wpa_supplicant-x.x
           => #>./wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ira0 -c wpa_supplicant.conf -d

And in fact it works just fine on the laptop with NetworkManager

It can also be configured to use the ralink driver, but it doesn't
support the same iwpriv options as the above script (for starters it
only works in STA mode), at least from a quick glance at it

        ** Build for being controlled by WpaSupplicant with Ralink Driver
           Please set 'HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y' and
'HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=n'.
           => #>cd wpa_supplicant-0.5.7
           => #>./wpa_supplicant -Dralink -ira0 -c wpa_supplicant.conf -d

Bye
--
Luca