[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT IPv6 firewall

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:14:59 EDT 2014

Hello Baptiste,

Clarifying my point "should" I meant "From common sense" and also "From
Widely accepted practice".

One that may use applications that may need to be reachable from outside
can adjust the firewall manually to reflect that for the desired ports
which is not a big deal, or even by UPnP which is even simpler.
I would say more that depending on the environment if a specific user
prefers, the firewall in the router can allow any traffic to his IP only
and he can control it locally in his machine.

Therefore there are possibilities and these in my opinion are less
costly and more secure to have by default.

Best regards,

Fernando