Mirroring to codeberg.org?

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Sat Dec 30 11:15:52 PST 2023

Hi all,

I’d like to add another mirror target to our gitolite setup which not only pushes to GitHub but to codeberg.org, too. They’re a small but efficient group supporting FOSS, it’s hosting and developing tools around it.

Having sources available at codeberg.org allows more testing and also see how the Gitea/Forgejo[1] interfaces works and feels. Like discussed a long time ago[2], I’d be nice to shift maintaining infrastructure to other people, specifically those with a focus on FOSS.

Talking to Codeberg maintainers they don’t mind the mirroring. If we’d ever would switch git.openwrt.org to codeberg.org, we’d need some extra bandwidth considerations since git.o.o is currently doing about 10TB/month of traffic.

Best,
Paul

[1]: https://forgejo.org/2022-12-15-hello-forgejo/
[2]: http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2022-January/037643.html