SSL huawei AR150 Series Enterprise Routers

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 10:03:00 PDT 2024

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 10:35 AM Alfredo Tomasini <alto.tom at e-td55.com> wrote:
> Note: the router is not a cisco but huawei AR150, in spite most likely
> they use the same protocol, maybe!

You probably should've led with that 😬.

There is absolutely no reason to think a *Huawei* server would work
with the AnyConnect protocol, or any of the other protocols currently
supported by OpenConnect.

> In case you have time and interest, this is the server 58.246.39.91:8899
> (better not to post this, I guess)

According to the what-vpn tool (https://github.com/dlenski/what-vpn)
that I maintain, this server is indeed speaking the Huawei SSL VPN
protocol, which is a protocol that OpenConnect does not yet support.

See https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/-/issues/603 for a
discussion of this protocol. Would be happy to work with someone who
uses this VPN protocol to add support to OpenConnect.