Fortinet / SAML support for Windows

julio toribio juliothebatery at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 03:05:30 PDT 2023

Hi everyone!
First of all, thanks for the effort of building such a great VPN client!

I'm using Windows and trying to connect to a VPN(Fortinet) but by
default SAML is used to authenticate. When we hit connect in
Forticlient, a web browser is launched, we authenticate in i.e
Microsoft, then Forticlient is connected.

I would like to know if there is a possibility to do the same with
openconnect, if yes is my command line connect correct?
I don't care which browser is used to authenticate, I just want it to work :)

.\openconnect --protocol=fortinet test.testlabs.com
--user=mario at test.net --external-browser="C:\Program
Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

I saw the option --external-browser=BROWSER but openconnects complains
with "openconnect.exe: unknown option -- external-browser"
I tried  replacing the "=" for an empty space (--external-browser
"C:\P...") but still the same result.

I'm I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help
Julio