Does the --background option exist for Windows?

Paolo Ienne (严保罗) paolo.ienne at ieee.org
Sun Sep 17 10:47:26 PDT 2023

In fact, I have a question: why there is no way to pass the password on
the command line? Almost all my troubles depend from the use of
--passwd-on-stdin and the difficulty to actually manage to pass it. Again,
maybe I am dumb, but the only way I managed to pass the password on stdin
on Windows has been to invoke tcsh with -c. Weirdly (to me) "echo
MY_SECRET | openconnect.exe --passwd-on-stdin" does not work. Hence, any
way to do this directly from a batch file or from Perl failed miserably.
Again, why not a simple "--password MY_SECRET"? Frankly, it does not seem
less secure than "echo MY_SECRET | openconnect.exe --passwd-on-stdin"
except that the latter seems incredibly fragile on Windows 10....

Thanks!

p.