Compilation problem with new gnutls

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 22:27:36 PDT 2023

On Fri, Sep 1, 2023, 7:33 AM Mike Gilbert <floppymaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 4:47 AM Jarosław Siebert <jsiebert at poczta.wp.pl> wrote:
> > I updateted my Slackware machine and noticed that I can not compile
> > openconnect with it.
> >
> > I use gnutls 3.8.1
> >
> > when I try to compile openconnect 9.12 then it stops with error message:
> >
> > gnutls-dtls.c: In function 'start_dtls_handshake':
> > gnutls-dtls.c:413:84: error: 'GNUTLS_NO_EXTENSIONS' undeclared (first
> > use in this function); did you mean 'GNUTLS_EXT_NONE'?
> >    413 |         err = gnutls_init(&dtls_ssl,
> > GNUTLS_CLIENT|GNUTLS_DATAGRAM|GNUTLS_NONBLOCK|GNUTLS_NO_EXTENSIONS);
> > | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > | GNUTLS_EXT_NONE
> > gnutls-dtls.c:413:84: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
> > once for each function it appears in
>
> This was reported on gitlab 2 weeks ago. There are solutions available there.
>
> https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/-/issues/650

Yes indeed. I fixed this in the master branch, as of
https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/-/commit/7512698217c4104aade7a2df669a20de68f3bb8c

As I noted in the commit message, the lack of a backwards-compatible
constant name (GNUTLS_NO_EXTENSIONS) appears to have been an
inadvertent omission in GnuTLS 3.8.1, and should be fixed in the next
release of GnuTLS due to a subsequent commit.