vpn issue

Sam Taylor s.taylor1484 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 14:12:16 PDT 2023

Hi there,

I'm a member of the Belle II experiment at KEK in Japan, where we need
to connect to their specific VPN in order to access the server. When I
try to log in to the VPN using openconnect I get the error:
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/var/run/vpnc’: Permission denied
Failed to bind local tun device (TUNSETIFF): Operation not permitted
To configure local networking, openconnect must be running as root
See https://www.infradead.org/openconnect/nonroot.html for more information
Set up tun device failed
Send BYE packet: Set up tun device failed
Unrecoverable I/O error; exiting.

Do you happen to know how I can fix this?

Thanks
Sam