vpnc-script unable to setup routing on pfSense 2.4

Gernot Hillier gernot.hillier at siemens.com
Tue Oct 17 01:02:58 PDT 2017

Hi there!

Am 17.10.2017 um 06:44 schrieb Helge Weissig:
> Hi all,
>
> 	I just upgraded pfSense to 2.4 and am unable to connect to a VPN host due to routing errors like the ones listed below. FWIW, pfSense updated the underlying OS to FreeBSD 11 and I re-installed openconnect and vpnc-scripts from the freebsd.org pkg repository. I also tried the latest vpnc-script linked from the web site with the same result.
>
> Errors:
> Established DTLS connection (using OpenSSL). Ciphersuite DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA.
> Initiating IPv4 MTU detection (min=650, max=1300)
> No change in MTU after detection (was 1300)
> add host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx fib 0: route already in table
> route: route has not been found
> delete net xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx fib 0: not in table
> add net xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> route: route has not been found

So do those errors make any sense to you?

I would suggest to find out the exact commands to be run (e.g. by adding
echos to the script or by starting it using "bash -x") and try to
run/fix them manually to understand why they fail.

--
With kind regards,

Gernot Hillier
Siemens AG, Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux