vpnc-script unable to setup routing on pfSense 2.4

Helge Weissig helgew at grajagan.org
Mon Oct 16 21:44:13 PDT 2017

Hi all,

	I just upgraded pfSense to 2.4 and am unable to connect to a VPN host due to routing errors like the ones listed below. FWIW, pfSense updated the underlying OS to FreeBSD 11 and I re-installed openconnect and vpnc-scripts from the freebsd.org pkg repository. I also tried the latest vpnc-script linked from the web site with the same result.

Errors:
Established DTLS connection (using OpenSSL). Ciphersuite DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA.
Initiating IPv4 MTU detection (min=650, max=1300)
No change in MTU after detection (was 1300)
add host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx fib 0: route already in table
route: route has not been found
delete net xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx fib 0: not in table
add net xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
[...]

Subsequently, I am able to resolve domains using the VPN server’s DNS server but I am not able to access any sites via the VPN interface using curl, for example.

Needless to say, all of this worked just fine before the upgrade.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,
h.