Not properly disconnecting to server

Mike Miller mtmiller at debian.org
Tue Aug 15 11:34:39 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 09:22:32 -0500, Liam Healy wrote:
> I am running OpenConnect from Debian 9.1. After a connection, when I
> disconnect (by unchecking the "VPN Connections" box on
> NetworkManager), it does not send the proper disconnect signal to the
> server; this was noticed by someone watching the logs on the server
> side, who said that after I did this, the server thought the
> connection was still open. This is causing problems because when I
> reconnect, if I am assigned a different server by the load balancer,
> there are two connections open and performance is very bad.
>
> Is there a known remedy to this problem, and if not, what should I do
> and post to help find a remedy?

Yes, this is known [1] and has been fixed [2] on the NM OpenConnect
development branch for the next release (1.2.6 I guess).

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=820892
[2]: https://git.gnome.org/browse/network-manager-openconnect/commit/?id=a27fd1a5e9ad66ca1f45fda771c8e20d2292aee2

--
mike