Not properly disconnecting to server

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Tue Aug 15 07:22:32 PDT 2017

I am running OpenConnect from Debian 9.1. After a connection, when I
disconnect (by unchecking the "VPN Connections" box on
NetworkManager), it does not send the proper disconnect signal to the
server; this was noticed by someone watching the logs on the server
side, who said that after I did this, the server thought the
connection was still open. This is causing problems because when I
reconnect, if I am assigned a different server by the load balancer,
there are two connections open and performance is very bad.

Is there a known remedy to this problem, and if not, what should I do
and post to help find a remedy?

ii  libopenconnect5:amd64                 7.08-1
     amd64        open client for Cisco AnyConnect VPN - shared
library
ii  network-manager-openconnect           1.2.4-1
     amd64        network management framework (OpenConnect plugin
core)
ii  network-manager-openconnect-gnome     1.2.4-1
     amd64        network management framework (OpenConnect plugin
GNOME GUI)
ii  openconnect                           7.08-1
     amd64        open client for Cisco AnyConnect VPN
ii  vpnc-scripts                          0.1~git20160829-1
     all          Network configuration scripts for VPNC and
OpenConnect

Thank you,
Liam