Problem connecting to VPN

Alex Branham branham at utexas.edu
Tue Sep 27 16:33:47 PDT 2016

Hello -

I'm attempting to connect to my school's vpn and it's not working quite as I imagined. I run "sudo openconnect vpn.utexas.edu" and enter in my username, password, and two-factor authentication. It then prints out:

Got CONNECT response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
CSTP connected. DPD 0, Keepalive 20
Set up DTLS failed; using SSL instead
Connected as 172.29.230.252, using SSL

And this gets added to the output of "ip addr":

4: tun0: <POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1406 qdisc fq_codel state UNKNOWN group default qlen 500
    link/none
    inet 172.29.230.252/32 scope global tun0
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 fe80::d2fa:6c92:c9ee:d6d/64 scope link flags 800
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

I'm running Arch linux with openconnect v7.07. Any help is much appreciated!

Alex

--
J. Alexander Branham
PhD Candidate