hanging ssh after connection, only in same shell

Oliver Albertini oliver.ruben at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 21:39:36 PDT 2016

Hello,

On arch linux, I use a script which connects me to a vpn, and directly afterwards creates an ssh tunnel and then a shared ssh session to a server. After I sign out of the server, the ssh tunnel and also the vpn are closed.

With the update to version 7.07 of openconnect, I noticed that the ssh tunnel hangs and eventually times out. Reverting to the older version (7.06) resolves the issue. The weird thing is, if I start the vpn and open another terminal, the ssh tunnel works fine. Any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks,

--
Oliver Albertini