DNS Troubleshooting on OS X

Nathan Toone nathan at toonetown.com
Thu Sep 22 14:17:23 PDT 2016

What version of the vpnc-script are you using?  For OS X I’ve had some really good luck using the script that comes with Shimo.app.  I don’t know if they have published the changes they have made to their script, but I do know that it has a lot of changes to it around IPv6 and a lot of changes with respect to using scutil to set and restore DNS - particularly in split DNS configurations.

If just for kicks, you wanted to download the trial from https://www.shimovpn.com and pull out the vpnc-script from Shimo.app/Contents/Resources and try using that (I just use that vpnc-script as-is and my split DNS seems to work just fine).

-Nathan