openconnect with p7b client certificate

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Sep 22 07:06:04 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 16:26 +0200, Mikołaj Stefaniak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for some help with openconnect and p7b client certificate.
> On Windows I can import p7b (that has no private key) certificate to
> windows cert store and later use it in AnyConnect.

But a PKCS#7 file really does contain only the certificate. You can't
use that on its own; there *needs* to be a private key which
corresponds to it.

At least, you do for client authentication. Or was this just the
certificate for your VPN server, which is otherwise invalid? In that
case, you want to be using the PEM file with the --cafile option, not
the -c option.