Disable SSLv3 and RC4

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Tue Sep 13 07:45:54 PDT 2016

Nikos,

That was spot on! That config line gives me A- on Qualy's ssllabs.
I get the "-" because the server does not support "Forward Secrecy"

Using the following line should solve fwd secrecy and give me A+ at the theoretical cost of breaking old clients, as per the manual.

tls-priorities = "NORMAL:%SERVER_PRECEDENCE:%COMPAT:-RSA:-VERS-SSL3.0:-ARCFOUR-128"

In reality using that line makes the server unreachable by Qualys, Firefox or Cisco Anyconnect.

"ocserv[18873]: GnuTLS error (at worker-vpn.c:585): Could not negotiate a supported cipher suite."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lucian

Nux!