OpenConnect 7.08 release

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Dec 13 14:50:55 PST 2016

On Tue, 2016-12-13 at 14:42 -0800, Mike Miller wrote:
> Wow, thanks, after simply copying tests/softhsm2.conf to
> tests/.config/softhsm2/softhsm2.conf the test passes. Good find, I was
> not seeing this in my strace for some reason.
>
> Would you be open to using .config/softhsm2 upstream or do you want to
> keep using the environment variable?

Hm, I'm not convinced that $HOME/.config/softhsm2/ thing is upstream;
is it a Debian patch?

It makes some sense; get it upstream and I'll chase it into Fedora too.

I suppose putting it in $HOME/.config/softhsm2/ and then using the
(upstream) SOFTHSM2_CONF environment variable to point to the same
place should work for everyone, and I can't see a problem with that in
the short term.

Why *doesn't* the Debian package honour $SOFTHSM2_CONF though?

> Any thoughts about how to make the contents of softhsm2.module more
> distro-agnostic?

Build it (from the distro's own one) at configure time? We already
build softhsm2.conf from softhsm2.conf.in anyway.

> Btw, the setrlimit error was on the ocserv side, and can be safely
> ignored, at least for the purposes of this test suite.

OK.

> > Can I leave you to work out what needs fixing in the packaging of
> > SoftHSM and what needs fixing in OpenConnect?
>
> Sure, I'm not directly involved, but I'll try to push for some fixes for
> these configuration issues.

Thanks.

Might be worth keeping an eye on this one which bites OpenConnect too:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnutls28/+bug/1649270