Support default route with non-default attributes

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Wed Apr 6 11:51:22 PDT 2016

It makes sense that a lower metric should work, and as you say that
then relieves the burden of saving/restoring the original route. One
thing that is not clear to me in this regard is the relationship, if
any, between metric and protocol...should the new route in any case be
marked as "protocol static"?

I'm happy to test any changes, so let me know if I can help.

[ On a related note, since I originally reported this issue, I have
found that more-or-less consistently, my attempt to set the new route
*from the script* simply fails. I invariably end up setting it by hand
once vpnc has finished the setup. Since I can set the new route by
hand, it seems like a race, but adding delays here and there into the
script seemed to make no difference. I cannot think why this should
be...my kernel is whatever kernel Ubuntu "wily" thinks it should
be...but I mention it here in case it is somehow relevant ].

Thanks, Shaheed