Manually restoring routing table after OpenConnect termination (mac os x question)

Assaf Gordon assafgordon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 08:08:42 PST 2015

Follow-up:

> On Nov 12, 2015, at 21:29, Assaf Gordon <assafgordon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using OpenConnect v6.00-237-g3637c7d (compiled from git) on Mac OS X client to a Cisco VPN.
> It works very well.
> [...]
> However, if I leave the laptop alone for a few minutes, [...] and so the network-configuration is left in a bad state (e.g. the routing table).

It appears that OpenConnect was trying to restore the network-configuration upon termination,
but because I was using '--setuid' to drop privileges, it got 'permission denied', and left the routing table in an inconsistent state.

Removing '--setuid' (and running openconnect as root) enables automatic restoration of network settings.

regards,
 - assaf