Server response to hostname packet is 0x08

Pete Flugstad pete.flugstad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 05:28:35 PST 2015

I'm trying to connect to my companies Juniper VPN and I'm getting the
error in the subject line (more log appended at the end - I can
provide full log if needed - note that I have --no-cert-check).

Normally my company runs Citrix over the top of the Juniper VPN, so
I'm guessing it's not giving me a "full" VPN, but some kind of port
forwarding setup.

Is there any way to still make use of this setup?  I'm really just
wanting to start a remote desktop client to connect my work PC (the
Java based Juniper RDP client is horribly slow and buggy).

I'm willing to do work on this (day job is working in C with network
sockets, and have some experience with encryption), so any pointers
would be helpful.  Are there any docs for this port forwarding
protocol Juniper is providing?

Thanks,
Pete

Connected to HTTPS on connect.example.com
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Pragma: no-cache
NCP-Version: 3
Set-Cookie: DSLastAccess=1447333866; path=/; Secure
Connection: close
0000: 12 00 00 04 00 00 00 05 00 64 61 66 66 79 bb 01
0010: 00 00 00 00
Read 3 bytes of SSL record
Server response to hostname packet is error 0x08
Creating SSL connection failed