[Help with 2 connect forms]

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:37:53 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:33 AM, varad gupta <vbg at linux.com> wrote:
> I am trying to connect to a CISCO ASA VPN over SSL using openconnect.
>
> The authentication is certificate based.. The authentication phase
> passes successfully. Once Authenticated, the banner that comes, asks
> for continue/cancel to be selected. This option is visible on the web
> page as well and the Cisco client as well..
>
> In openconnect, after successful auth, the banner is echoed, but how
> would one pass a particulat input (continue in this case). In the
> absence of selecting continue, I get the IP/Gateway etc, but am unable
> to be a part of the network..
>
> Sample output below ==>
>
> CSTP connected. DPD 30, Keepalive 20
> Connect Banner:
> | Select Continue/Accept to logon...
> |

> Connected tun0 as X.X.X.X, using SSL
> No work to do; sleeping for 20000 ms...
> Send CSTP Keepalive
> No work to do; sleeping for 10000 ms...

> How do I "select" Continue.. Any help would be deeply appreciated..

AFAIK the banner is informational only, and clicking Continue on the
official client doesn't actually send anything back to the gateway.

At my last job the banner was used to display an AUP / "authorized
access only" nag, and there were no ill effects when openconnect
ignored it.

Perhaps something else is going wrong with your connection: wrong
authgroup, bad CSD response, old cert, etc.?