Does this mailing list work?

Andrew Falk falk0069 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:39:25 PST 2015

Thanks Niels!  Hopefully I can now piggy back off of this email thread now that it was accepted.

Hi all,

I ran into a minor issue while connecting to my company’s VPN.  This is the error seen while downloading the CSD program:

(note: http switched to hxxp in case it causes a suspicious email)
GET hxxps://vpn.company.com/CACHE/sdesktop/install/binaries/sfinst
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found (does not exist)
HTTP body http 1.0 (-1)
Cannot receive HTTP 1.0 body without closing connection Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

I figured out I can pass in "--os=android" to completely bypass this and successfully log in.  This seems a bit odd to me.   Looking through the code I don’t see any other way to bypass this or at least ignore it if it fails to download it.  I’m guessing my company doesn’t fully support Linux so things aren’t configured correctly for it.   I do know I can get the cstub via this URL: /CACHE/sdesktop/hostscan/linux_i386/cstub, so it is partially configured.

I’m fine with using "--os=android", but I’m not sure if it is going to lead to issues in the future.   I’m wondering if it would make any sense to add in a different commandline argument to optionally skipping the CSD download or ignore download errors.  Or is there a different method you could suggest?

Thanks

--Andy