Failed to read from TAP device: ea (VPN works OK)

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 04:38:09 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Niels Peen <niels at peen.ch> wrote:
> I occasionally run into this error using OpenConnect-GUI 0.6:
> Failed to complete read from TAP device: ea
> It seems to have no effect on the VPN or its performance. Any idea
> what could cause this?

Didn't that happen in the previous versions? The same tap driver is
used on 0.6, but it was updated to use the latest libopenconnect
library from git. I see anything relevant changed in that version.
"ea" is 234 which is: ERROR_MORE_DATA. So my understanding is that the
tap driver offered a larger packet than the mtu. I don't know whether
there is something we can do about it.