oscserv error: "could not determine the owner of received UDP packet"

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 07:05:18 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM, İsmail Dönmez <ismail at donmez.ws> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using NetworkManager-openconnect (version 0.9.10.0) against
> ocserv.git and after being connected for like ~30 minutes VPN stops
> accepting any packets. Turns out that there is some weird stuff going
> on.

Hello,
 From the log that you sent it seems that your firewall discarded the
previous UDP session association. That is the new UDP traffic is being
received from a different port, and the main server is now receiving
the UDP traffic. This is harmless, as ocserv will forward the new
session to worker.

> Looking at the attached log first connection happens at 14:11:12 and
> even though I don't click anything from the UI to reconnect etc a new
> connection starts at 14:25:56 and this wreaks havoc. I am not sure if
> this is a client bug or a server one.

That is when the main process received the new session and forwarded
it to the worker process, the worker process believed the previous was
active (received some message from the previous session the last 30
seconds). That should cancel out after 30 seconds. I've reduced the
severity of these messages to avoid spamming the log.