Feature Request: HTTP proxy authentication

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 18 10:14:59 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 10:44 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I don't have access to a proxy requiring authentication. I could perhaps
> set up squid to require basic auth, but NTLM and Kerberos are harder. If
> I could have access to a proxy that requires such, then I might be more
> inclined to implement this myself...

It turns out to be relatively simple to set up a copy of squid to do
Basic, NTLM and Negotiate auth against Active Directory, so I've done
so.

I've pushed some initial changes which make Basic auth work, and I may
take a look at NTLM and Kerberos/GSSAPI if nobody beats me to it. Once
it's working, I may take another look at the structure of it.