Feature Request: HTTP proxy authentication

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 18 02:44:22 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 11:56 +0530, Marc-André Laverdière wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use openconnect from behind a proxy (Squid) at the
> office, and that proxy requires a username/password combination.
>
> Any chance that this could be added to openconnect in the next version?

The next version is *imminent* — I was about to send out an email asking
if there's anything else we really need to do before releasing 5.00.

If you or someone else sends patches though, then I don't see why it
can't be included. I can give pointers but I don't easily have a proxy I
can test with.

Ideally I'd like to see full support for basic, GSSAPI and NTLM
authentication (including the use of the /usr/bin/ntlm_auth helper),
rather than only a partial implementation. But let's start simple...

cf.
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openconnect-devel/2013-September/001189.html

I don't have access to a proxy requiring authentication. I could perhaps
set up squid to require basic auth, but NTLM and Kerberos are harder. If
I could have access to a proxy that requires such, then I might be more
inclined to implement this myself...